Imagine sitting down at your computer, your family
hanging over your shoulders, anticipation building as they wait to see
you open your digital scrapbook of family photographs, print the detailed
23-page pedigree chart, and show just exactly how you are related
to Queen Elizabeth II...only to have your computer grind to a halt and
display a message that you have been the victim of a computer virus.
Imagine opening your genealogy program to find your
data has been corrupted. Imagine going to print a digitized version
of the family bible entry you had to bribe a distant family member to
take...only to find it has mysteriously disappeared. Imagine turning
your computer on and finding your entire hard drive has been formatted,
wiping out everything.
Welcome to the world of computer viruses.
True or False:
- You can catch a computer virus from a toilet seat.
- You can catch a computer virus from an e-mail message.
- A worm is a self contained program that can spread
itself across a network.
- You can catch a computer virus from software you
- You can't catch a computer virus from commercial